A Win32 based backup and restore utility that creates a snapshot of an entire partition or volume
Image for Windows is an affordable and reliable drive image backup and restore utility. Drive imaging from Windows is an easy and convenient way to backup all your hard drive's data and operating system partitions.
Image for Windows it creates snapshots of the partitions and is able to backup and restore data.
Your backups can be saved to a set of files on local or network drives, or directly to most CD or DVD drives. Backups saved directly to CD/DVD are bootable by default, making a convenient recovery disc. Simply restore the the partition(s) you need to recover, and they will be completely restored back to the way they were when the backup was created.
Image for Windows utilizes the technology available in the included PHYLock add-on utility. PHYLock allows you to continue using your computer while the backup is locked to a point-in-time. This eliminates the inconsistencies typically experienced while backing up a partition that is in use.
As its name implies, Image for Windows runs on the Windows operating system, but it can backup or restore any partition, including those of DOS or Linux. Image for Windows can also image to or restore from just about any drive letter, including network drives.
The drive image files are compatible across all TeraByte Unlimited disk imaging products of the same major version number (i.e. all 1.x products are compatible with other 1.x products). This makes it easy to restore the disk images even when Windows isn't available.
Bonus: Every purchase of Image for Windows includes a copy of Image for DOS and Image for Linux. Image for DOS and Image for Linux support the same powerful drive image functionality without requiring a working Windows installation. It also includes a licensed copy of the TeraByte OS Deployment Tool Suite (TBOSDTS). TBOSDT contains a set of powerful utilities that, among other things, will help you deploy Windows to completely different hardware.Image' 2.82a is Trial Backup & Restore software design by Terabyte.
It runs on following operating system: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98Image key features:
- Simple, Wizard-Driven interface - Easy to use the first time, and every time.
- Total Reliability - Provides the option to verify each and every byte it backs up.
- Convenience - Runs directly from Windows and when used with the free PHYLock add-on, it can create a true image of the Windows partition itself, without requiring a reboot.
- Maximum Compression - By default, maximum compression is applied to the drive images you create.
- Maximum Speed - If backup speed is paramount, you can bypass compression entirely.
- Optical Drive Support - You can save directly to a CD or DVD disc.
- Bootable Rescue Discs - Whenever you save directly to a CD or DVD, it will automatically become a bootable restore disc.
- Restore Individual Files or Folders - Using the free TBIView add-on, you can view the contents of the drive image files, and optionally restore individual files or folders within them.
- Compatibility - Automatically recognizes and backs up used area of FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS, and XFS partitions. Partitions with other file system types can be backed up in their entirety.
- Cost Effectiveness - Includes Image for DOS and Image for Linux at no additional charge, making it a uniquely affordable and complete disk imaging solution.
- Flexibility - Restore partitions, regardless of the file system on the partition being restored. This gives you the power to restore NTFS partitions from Windows 98 or even DOS (as just a couple of examples).
- Wide-Ranging Device Support - Compatible with USB 2 and IEEE 1394 drives. Better yet, Image for DOS supports these drives directly, without requiring complicated driver installation. (Image for Windows simply uses the drivers already available under Windows.)
- Power - Using Image for DOS or Image for Linux (each of which is included with the purchase of Image for Windows) versions gives you the ability to recover your data, even if Windows won\'t start.
- Network Support - Save backups to any drive accessible to Windows itself.
- RAID Support - Works seamlessly with on-board hardware- and firmware-based RAID.
- Command Line Support - Powerful, complete command line support is built in, allowing you to automate backup or restore procedures.
- Image File Validation - Allows you to check the integrity of the disk image files, either as part of the backup process, or at any time thereafter.
- Restored Partition Expansion - When restoring an image, you can expand the restored partition to occupy any free space that would be left over.
- Selectable Image File Sizes - If desired, you can specify a maximum size for the disk image files that are created. This allows you to create image files that readily fit on the removable media of your choice.